There are so many video resources in numerous formats at this point, and you should convert them to some certain format in order to play them on some certain device. You need to pick a video converter first. Because most video converters are similar at the first look and those applications usually have a whole lot functions and features in common, it is difficult to make a decision. In fact, there exists never your best option there is however always the best choice one to suit your needs.
Here we list 5 essential features of video converter software based on most users’ needs and you also might want a peek when you are searching for a video converter.
1) Support just about all input and popular output video formats – One thing you have to learn is if the video converter supports the input formats that you are currently converting from and the output formats that you are converting to. The supported input formats should contain almost all video formats while the supported output formats ought to include almost all of Converter App. For instance, Sothink Free Video Converter supports AVI (DivX, XivD), MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, VOB (VCD), and DV. That will probably be enough.
Most video converters also support audio, and usually the formats ought to be MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MKA, FLAC, WAV, AIF, and AU.
What’s more, as the high-definition video came, the video converter had better support H.264 HD video conversion, too.
2) Support popular multimedia devices – To ensure that you and perfectly play videos on some multimedia devices, especially HD devices, you need to convert video to improve format and appropriate dimension, zoom mode, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, and so forth. It does not be required to know those professional details if you choose some video converter that automatically set all related properties to get the best and directly convert video for your desired target device. Just check out if the video convert software supports iPad, iPod, ipod itouch, iPhone, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360, Zune, Wii, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Google Android, Nexus One, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
3) Support trimming video to clip – Since you convert files from some source video or audio, you can definitely trim the files for the part you really need. Many video convert tools support trimming video for the desired clip and many of them even support cropping. Whether it is possible to trim can also be important. Directly setting the start time and end duration of the trimmed clip will be great.
4) Support batch conversion and convert fast – Those are time-saving features that will be handy if you have many video files, especially big files, to transform. It is possible to learn whether or not the video converter supports batch conversion. However, have you thought about converting speed? Check that whether the converter supports multi-CPUs and multiple threads. If it does, it probably converts fast. And Sothink Free Video Converter even supports automatically shut down, sleep and hibernate when video conversion task dcouwr finished. It is actually another great feature time-saving.
5) Simple to use – A number of the video convert products are of wizard interface while some offer Microsoft Office style. Whatever the software is, it ought to be simple to use and user-friendly. That is to say, the video converter you select should make you only have to click instead of to type. In addition to thinking or doubt. All converting configuration had better be automatically set and also you never have to know the facts.
What’s more – There are also many other features that one could consider when you are interested in in a video converter, as an example, in a position to preview, support image output, etc.